The Pursuit for Kids
This 12-week family devotional will help parents and kids get a great start in a pursuit of God. Here’s how it works: Each week, watch the short topic video together as a family, and then talk about it together. Be sure to hover over the Bible verses and let the kids read out loud. Laugh, learn, and love… one topic at a time.
Topic #1: How to Start
- We all have a sin problem, both kids and parents! Romans 3:23
- Jesus fixed the problem when he died on the cross. Romans 5:8
- Anyone can begin a relationship with God by Jesus (asking him into your heart). Romans 3:22
Asking Jesus into your heart:
“Jesus, I know that I need you to help me. I believe that you died for my sins and rose from the grave. Will you come into my heart so I can be saved? Thank you for this free gift. Amen.”
Topic #2: How to Live
- As Christians, we should live to honor God. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- The Spirit leads from the inside out, helping us honor God every day. Ezekiel 36:26-27
- The Bible is like a special treasure map, guiding us through life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Other Christians help us stay on the right track. Galatians 6:1-2
Topic #3: How to Grow
- The world doesn’t actually revolve around you, even though it might feel like it.
- We start to grow up as Christians by serving and giving.
- The greatest way to grow is by telling other people about Jesus!
More Bible Basics
- Posts not found
LIFE OF JESUS
Topic #4: The Baptism of Jesus
- John didn’t want to baptize Jesus, because he didn’t feel worthy. Matthew 3:13-14
- Jesus wanted to get baptized to be a good example to us. Matthew 3:15
- When Jesus was baptized, God the Father was really happy. Matthew 3:17
- Baptism is a very important symbol that helps us remember what Jesus did for us. Romans 6:4
Topic #5: Loaves & Fishes
- There are only two miracles that appear in all 4 gospels.
- Jesus can do big stuff with little stuff.
- God does big stuff through little people. Mark 10:27
Topic #6: Healing on the Sabbath
- Jesus cares about people who get picked on.
- The “Sabbath” was the Jewish day of rest.
- God gave people the Sabbath to help them.
- God cares more about people than rules. 1 John 4:19
More Life of Jesus
- The Story of the Runaway Son
- What Jesus Says About Worry
- Jesus and the Rich Man
- What Jesus Thinks About Kids
- Building On a Rock
- Jesus and the Pharisees
- The Woman at the Well
- The Parable of the Vineyard Workers
- Jesus Calms a Storm
- Jesus and Nicodemus
- Jesus Heals a Leper
- The Resurrection
- The Real Family of Jesus
- Jesus Picks His Disciples
- Temptation of Jesus
- No Room in the Inn
- It’s Not About the Presents
- Jesus Turns Water Into Wine
- The Baptism of Jesus
- John the Baptist
- Jesus Is the Word
- Jesus Sitting on the Throne
- Jesus and the White Horse
- Jesus and the Big Catch
- The Great Commission
- Jesus Appears to Thomas
- Jesus Dies for the Whole World
- Jesus Before Pilate
- Peter Denies Jesus
- Jesus Raises Lazarus
Topic #7: Elijah & Worship
- Elijah was a prophet, which is another word for messenger.
- God has existed forever.
- God is the real God.
- We worship the One True God by singing and obeying.
Topic #8: Jehoshaphat & Prayer
- The Moabites, the Ammonites and the Meunites declared war to King Jehoshaphat. 2 Chronicles 20:1-2
- Jehoshaphat prayed to God when he was in trouble. 2 Chronicles 20:6
- Jehoshaphat knew that God was the only hope for his kingdom.
- God wants to help you in every situation.
Topic #9: Josiah & God's Word
- Josiah was only eight years old when he became king. 2 Kings 22:1-2
- Idols are things that are not God. 2 Kings 23:2-3
- Josiah read God’s Word and obeyed it.
- The Bible has God’s words written on it so you can read it, obey it, and share it! 2 Timothy 3:16
More Bible Storyline
- Posts not found
Topic #10: Put God First
- No matter how old you get, you’ll always be busy with things. You’ll always have to try hard to put God first. Deuteronomy 6:5
- Spend time with God by praying and reading the Bible
- Make a habit of talking about God with your family.
Topic #11: Obey Your Parents
- Kids should obey their parents. Colossians 3:20
- because the Bible says so!
- because it pleases the Lord!
- because it protects us!
Topic #12: Treat Others Right
- The Golden Rule says to treat others the way you want to be treated. Matthew 7:12
- Be nice to every kid, no matter what.
- Don’t say mean things behind other kids’ backs.
- Treat others right!
More Kids' Wisdom
- Posts not found
We believe discipleship starts in the home, and that’s why we build tools that help parents start meaningful conversations with their kids (Deut 6:6-7).
We believe disciple-making should be something every Christian can do, and that’s why we’ve designed our tools around having simple conversations. PursueGOD Kids is just one part of a family of websites designed to help you make disciples at church, at school, or in the workplace. Click below for more info.
FlexTalk.org is a library of values-based conversation starters built for the home, school, and workplace. Each topic in our library has a short video along with talking points and discussion questions. Just find a topic, share it with family, friends, or a small group, and invite others into a life-changing conversation. Learn more at www.FlexTalk.org.
PursueGOD.org is a library of Bible-based conversation starters designed to help Christians make disciples. Each topic in our library has a short video along with talking points and discussion questions. Just find a topic, share it with family, friends, or a small group, and invite others into a life-changing conversation. Learn more at www.pursueGOD.org.
PursueGODkids.org is a library of Bible-based conversation starters designed for families and churches. Each lesson has a fun, short video where kids explain the Bible so other kids can understand it. Learn more at www.pursueGODkids.org.