Instructions: Watch the video above and then talk about it with your family! Learn more
Habits are just things you do all the time, even without thinking. They have a way of shaping who you become. And every Christian kids should develop three main habits while they’re young:
Habit #1: Read your Bible
Christians believe that the Bible is inspired by God, meaning it’s God’s very words spoken to us. He gave us the Bible so we would know how to honor Him.So, we have to read it in order to know what honors Him.
Habit #2: Pray everyday
Following Jesus isn’t just about going to church on Sunday. It’s about having a personal relationship with Jesus. Prayer is our way of talking to Him. Just like with your friends, talking is an important piece of your friendship. That’s how it should be with God, too. We need to talk to Him about our fears, worries, and hopes.
Habit #3: Be a giver
Following Jesus means we should be givers, not takers. We should share our money with God by giving to church. We should share our time by helping our friends and family. And, we should share the special talents and abilities God has given us to bring others into relationship with God, too.
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned from the video?
- Describe some of your habits. (ex. brush your teeth before bed, wash hands before eating, read before bed)
- Why are those habits important to you?
- Why is the Bible important?
- Why should we pray everyday? What kinds of things do you like to pray about?
- Why should we be givers and not takers?
- Read 1 John 2:3-6. Why does obeying God show our love for Him? What does it say when we disobey? How can the 3 habits (Bible, prayer, giving) help you to honor and obey God?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?