Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Cain and Abel were brothers with two different attitudes. Abel was the good brother, famous for having great faith and pleasing God with his attitude and actions.
- Abel had a brother named Cain.
- Each brother brought a gift to God.
- God was pleased with Abel’s gift, but not with Cain’s.
- Abel had great faith because he wanted to please God.
Romans 12:1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
See Also: God
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given someone? (homemade card, chores, bought something special) How did the person react to your gift?
- Which job do you think was easier, being a farmer or a shepherd? Explain.
- Why did the people offer gifts to God in Bible times? How did they do it? How do we do it today?
- Read Romans 12:1. What does it mean to offer our lives to God? What can we do to honor God with our lives?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of The Faith Hall of Fame series.