The Bible teaches that when we pursue God, we’ll get to live in heaven with him someday. That’s a great reason to do it! Heaven is prettier, cooler, and more fun than anything we’ve ever experienced before. Here’s what it will look like:
In heaven, we get to be with God
The Bible teaches that when we go to heaven, we will be with God! That means there will be no more sadness or pain. Everything will be perfect. We will only have happiness and peace.
Revelation 21:3-4 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
In heaven, we get to be with other people who love God
Heaven will be like one big family reunion! We’ll get to be with all of our friends and family who had put their faith in Jesus – along with all the other believers throughout history. Think about it – you can meet people like Abraham, David and Peter from the Bible!
Revelation 21:6-7 And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.
Getting to heaven is guaranteed because of Jesus
This is the best news of all. The Bible says that anyone who has put their trust in Jesus will live in heaven with Him some day. We don’t have to worry if we make it in or if we’ve done enough for God. All it takes is giving your heart to Jesus, with an attitude of faith. Because of this guarantee, we can live our lives with joy and purpose knowing that in the end we will be in heaven with God!
Revelation 21:5 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”
Want to learn more about trusting Jesus? Click here to talk about asking Jesus into your heart.
- Set Up: Watch the video together or invite someone to set up the conversation.
- Describe what you think heaven will be like.
- How does it make you feel to know that you’ll never be sad or lonely in heaven?
- Did you know that you’ll have lots of friends in heaven? What do you think you’ll do with friends in heaven?
- Is there someone you’ve read about in the Bible that you look forward to meeting in heaven? Who?
- Jesus is the only way to heaven. Have you put your faith in Jesus yet?
- Read Colossians 3:1-2. What does it mean to keep your focus on heaven while still living here? What are the things of this world we should avoid? Why?
- Takeaway: Write a personal action step based on this conversation.