Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
God’s presence used to live in a big shiny temple, but now it lives in us!
- David’s job was to fight wars; Solomon’s job was to build a temple. 1 Kings 5:3-5
- Solomon’s temple was big and beautiful.
- Solomon’s temple is where God’s presence lived.
- We don’t need temples anymore because God lives in his people.
1 Corinthians 3:17 For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- If you could design your own house, what would it look like?
- Who got to build God’s temple? What was inside the special gold box?
- Why don’t we need temples today?
- Read 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. Who gives us the Holy Spirit? What does the Holy Spirit help us to do?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.