- Many parents wonder how they’re supposed to broach the subject of sex with their kids. The key is not to be afraid of it. Your kids will learn about sex one way or another, so it might as well be from you.
- There are 4 P’s to God’s design for sex:
- Pleasure. God created sex for our pleasure. It’s okay to tell your kids that sex is fun and enjoyable.
- Procreation. Sex is for making babies but sex is also about creating new life. When a husband and wife marry and have sex, they are joined as one. A new creation is born in this context as well.
- Protection. The sexual union protects couples from outside temptations. Couples shouldn’t deprive each other of sex so not to be tempted to seek it from someone else.
- Proclamation. The sexual union between married couples tells a bigger story. It reminds us that God created us with a plan and a desire for pleasure. And, marriage is a reflection of how Christ loves his Church.
This is part 2 of the Parenting in a Sexualized Culture Series.