Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When Moses went up the mountain to get the Ten Commandments from God, the people down below made a big mistake.
- God invited Moses to meet him on top of the mountain.
- The people got impatient and made a golden calf.
- When you make something more important than God, that’s just silly.
Exodus 20:3 You must not have any other god but me.
See Also: Faithfulness, Idols, Patience
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What are your most treasured possessions? Why are those things so important to you?
- Why did Moses go up the mountain?
- Why were the 10 commandments so important to the Israelites?
- Why did the people make a silly cow? Why was that a silly idea?
- Why should God be more important than everything else?
- Read Matthew 6:24. What does it mean that we can’t serve two masters? How can money get in the way of our relationship with God?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:5. Who should we love with all our hearts? How can you show God how much you love him this week?
- Read Matthew 6:19. What happens to our stuff here on Earth? What should we care about more
- Read 1 Corinthians 6:8. Who is the only one worthy of our worship and why?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Moses and Mt. Sinai series.