Parents, our job is hard so let’s break it down into more bite sized pieces so we can feel like we have some sort of a plan or strategy.
- Parenting is about setting the tone of your family life. It is laying the groundwork and building the principles you want your kids to live out daily.
- Be ready for conversation with your kids. Make time before bed, after dinner, before school, or when they come home from school. Deuteronomy 6:6-8
- Every “win” confirms God’s hand in their lives. For every struggle, remind your kids of God’s faithfulness and how trials teach us new things we need for the future. Psalm 139:13-17
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Describe how you’ve viewed your role as a parent thus far. Share some successes. What about some failures?
- What are some of the parenting issues that have proven most frustrating to you? What is your desired outcome in those situations? What strategies can you put in place to start moving toward those outcomes?
- Have you had a great bonding moment with your kids where you felt like they opened up to you? Explain.
- Read Deuteronomy 6:6-8. Think about your family schedule. When is the best time for your family to have conversations? What do you need to do to create opportunities for conversations in your home?
- Read Psalm 139:13-17. What does this passage say about God’s involvement in our lives? How does this passage affect your perspective as a parent?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?