A “kinda sorta” Christian doesn’t really know Jesus, but a real Christian treats him like a best friend.
A “kinda sorta” kid is someone who always answers every questions with “kinda sorta”:
- Do you like playing football?
- Do you like eating dessert?
- Do you have friends at school?
- Do you ever brush your teeth?
- Do you still play with stuffed animals?
- Did you change your underwear this week?
A “kinda sorta” Christian is a kid who kinda knows who Jesus is, but not really.
- He goes to church, but only because his parents make him.
- He knows the Golden Rule, but he never really follows it.
- He memorizes his Bible verse each week, but only for the cash.
- He asked Jesus into his heart, but he doesn’t obey his parents.
Are YOU a kinda sorta Christian? If so, are you ready to change and become something more? A real Christian knows Jesus like he’s a best friend. If you’re best friends with Jesus, you want to hang out with him. You look out for him, and stand up for him around other kids. You care about the things he cares about. And you obey him.
John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.
If you’re best friends with Jesus, you’ll start acting like him.
1 John 2:6 Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.
Here are some good ideas:
- Be sure to have family time and prayer every week, or every day!
- Brainstorm ways to serve at home or at school – and then do it!
- Try being nice to kids who don’t have friends.
- Make a habit of inviting kids to church.
Talk with a parent or teacher about this, and add some of your own things to the list. Don’t just be a “kinda sorta” Christian. Treat Jesus like your best friend, and start living like it!