Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
One of the most important thing kids can do is obey their parents. And here’s why.
This is Q10L3 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Kids should obey their parents.
- because the Bible says so!
- because it pleases the Lord!
- because it protects us!
Colossians 3:20 Obey your parents, for this pleases the Lord.
See Also: Obedience
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What are some rules you have to follow at school? What are some rules parents have to obey?
- What book tells us to obey our parents?
- In your own words, explain how obedience protects us?
- Read John 15:14. What does Jesus mean that we are friends if we keep his commands?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Basics series.