Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
At a golf tournament the whole world got to see the character of one of the best new golfers, and he proved that real winners are good losers.
- Jordan Spieth is really young and has already proven himself to be a great golfer. When he had a terrible thing happen to him at the 2016 Master’s Tournament, he showed all of us how to handle adversity.
- Jordan never gave up. James 1:2-4
- Jordan wasn’t a sore loser. Philippians 4:12-13
- Real winners are good losers.
James 1:2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.
See Also: Character, Trials
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What’s the biggest loss you’ve ever had in sports or in life? How did you react?
- Read James 1:2-4. How does God want us to act when bad things happen to us?
- Do you think you would have given up if you were in Jordan’s shoes? Why do you think he didn’t give up?
- Describe how a sore loser acts. What did Jordan do to prove he wasn’t a sore loser?
- Read Philippians 4:12-13. How can we have the strength to act like Jordan did when bad things happen?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.