When three Jewish friends were told they had to worship the wrong god, their faith was put to the test. It's one of the most famous Bible stories ever!
- The names of the three friends were Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.
- The three friends knew and worshiped the real God. Daniel 3:1-6
- The three friends had Big faith in a Big God. Daniel 3:17-18
- The three friends were thrown into the blazing furnace, but God rescued them! Daniel 3:19-26
1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.
Talk About It
- What is your initial reaction to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done? Were you nervous? What or who helped you accomplish it?
- Have you ever done something that is wrong just because you wanted to please your friends? Does this honor God? Why or why not?
- Read Daniel 3:18. The three friends believed God could rescue them – and they were still going to trust him even if he didn’t. Do you think you could have said the same thing if you were there? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.