Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Jesus knew a thing or two about building houses and how to build a great life.
This is Q4L12 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Jesus told a parable about building houses.
- If you build a house on rock it will last a long time.
- If you build a house on sand it will crumble away.
- Wise kids build their lives on the Bible.
Matthew 7:24 Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.
See Also: Wisdom, Bible
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe the coolest thing you’ve ever built whether with legos, blocks or with sand on the beach.
- Why is starting with a good foundation important when building a structure? What is likely to happen if you don’t start with a good base?
- Why do you think Jesus used a house as an example for how to build or lives? What book provides the best foundation?
- Read 1 Corinthians 3:10-11. This is Paul talking about his job as an apostle teaching the people about Jesus. What are some things we should be careful not to build our lives upon? Who is the only sure foundation for our lives?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.