Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
The pharisees thought they knew it all, until they met Jesus.
This is Q4L10 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Pharisees were religious people who thought they were better than everyone else.
- Jesus and the Pharisees didn’t always get along.
- The Pharisees knew a lot, but they missed the most important part.
- Jesus cares more about our hearts than our smarts.
Matthew 23:11 The greatest among you must be a servant.
See Also: Jesus, Love, Helping Others
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Do you have a friend who acts like a know it all? How does it make you feel to be around them?
- Why did the Pharisees think they were better than everyone else? How did Jesus respond to the Pharisees?
- What does Jesus care more about? Why is just knowing information not enough?
- Read John 13:34. How has Jesus loved us? How can we show the love of Jesus to others?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.