Watch the video above and talk about it with your spouse or mentor. Find more like this at pursueGOD.org/parenting.
Creating a conversational culture in your home will strengthen your family and help your kids to own their faith more.
- The healthiest families talk about anything and everything. If parents don’t address topics, kids will find answers elsewhere.
- When God created the world, he started by building an environment where humans could thrive. That’s what parents do when they create a conversational culture. Genesis 1:1-27
- Start by forming a habit of talking through the weekly topic. Then add other topics as needed. Deuteronomy 6:6-9
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Describe your family culture right now. What’s working well and what needs some work?
- Share the last time you had a meaningful conversation with one of your kids. How did that opportunity come about?
- How often do your kids come home with inappropriate information from other kids? How do you typically respond when that happens?
- Read Genesis 1:1-27. Why do you think God chose to create in the order he did? Describe your ideal home environment. What changes do you need to make in order for that to happen?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:6-9. When would be the best time for a family devotional in your schedule? What are some issues you know you need to address with your kids?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?