The Bible teaches that when we pursue God, we’ll really have a purpose in life. But what does that mean for a kid? It means that we’ll serve God by being the best helpers we can be.
- Jesus came to serve.
- We should be helpers, too.
- Jesus chose for us to live with purpose.
John 15:16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit….
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Make a list of ways your parents help you. How do your teachers help you?
- Read John 13:12-17. How did Jesus serve His disciples in this passage? Do you think that was a fun thing to do?
- List some ways you can be helpful at home. Why is it important for you to be helpful?
- What do you think it means to live with purpose? Why is it important to have purpose?
- What happens if you don’t have purpose?
- Read Matthew 20:25-28. The world says the leaders get to boss people around. What did Jesus say about that? What did Jesus do instead?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?