Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
Jesus showed his outrageous power when he calmed a storm just by saying, “Stop!”
- The disciples were scared. Their boat was about to sink! They remembered Jesus was on the boat, and he knew just what to do.
- Jesus stopped the storm. Jesus was so powerful and could do amazing and outrageous things. So what did he do? He made the storm stop by speaking to it!
- Jesus can help us with scary things. Jesus is so outrageously strong and powerful that even the wind and waves do what he says. Jesus can use his power to help us in our lives, too.
- Put your trust in Jesus because he will help you when you’re scared just like he helped the disciples that day on the boat.
Luke 8:25b When he gives a command, even the wind and waves obey him!
See Also: Fear, Jesus, Miracles
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Have you ever been on a boat before? Describe where you were (ocean, lake, river) and what it was like.
- Why were the disciples scared on the boat?
- What was Jesus doing when the storm hit?
- What did Jesus do to help the disciples when they were scared?
- Read Isaiah 41:10. Why don’t we need to be afraid? Who is with us and will help us through the hard times?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
- K-1 Teacher’s Pack (PDF)
- 2nd-3rd Teacher’s Pack (PDF)
- 4th-5th Teacher’s Pack (PDF)
- Large Group Script
- Large Group Slides