Did you know Thanksgiving is really God's idea?
- God doesn’t want us to be grumpy.
- You can’t be thankful if you only focus on yourself.
- Thankfulness is an attitude that comes from knowing that God is good.
- When we’re at church, we should sing with thankfulness.
Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how grumpy are you? What rating would your parents give you?
- Why do you get grumpy? Why does grumpiness keep you from being thankful?
- Make a list of things you are thankful for. Why does God deserve the credit for all that we have?
- Read Philippians 4:6-7. What do you do when you’re anxious or worried? How does a thankful heart help you worry less?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Book of Psalms series.