Great parents understand the complexity of leadership, but viewing it with four "corners" in mind will give you a framework for leading better at home.
- Corner #1 Environment. Parents are responsible for establishing an environment where growth and success can happen.
- Corner #2 Equipment. Parents must make sure every kid has the tools needed to move forward and succeed.
- Corner #3 Training. For parents, training is about modeling a healthy life and establishing a culture of conversation. Proverbs 22:6
- Corner #4 Willingness. Parents can only do their part; children must be willing and eager to win.
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Which “corner” is your strongest as a parent? Which is your weakest? Explain.
- What words would your kids use to describe the environment you’ve established as a parent? Which words would you like them to use?
- What is the crucial “equipment” needed for your kids to succeed? Which tools is your family lacking right now?
- Read Proverbs 22:6. Describe your “training” processes. Are they effective?
- Are your kids willing to follow your lead? Explain.
- How can you apply the four corners at work or at church?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?