How should men lead their wife and children, encouraging them and helping them grow in the faith? Genesis 1 helps us to understand.
- How God created the world gives us a picture of how to lead in the home. In the first three days, God builds form – the static life support systems (sea, air, land). Then the next three days he fills it with life: animals, birds, humanity. Genesis 1:1-2, Genesis 1:6-8, Genesis 1:20-22
- God told man to work the same way: to create structure first, the environment that allows for life. Men are builders, created in God’s image to create the environments in which life can flourish. Men should create a home environment where everyone can pursue God.
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Read Genesis 1. List the elements of structure that God created first. Then list the living things that God created to live in that structure.
- What kind of structure can men create in the home to establish an environment where everyone can pursue God? Make a list.
- “I can’t make my kids love God.” Do you agree? Explain.
- “Men are builders.” Have you created and protected the structures that allow your family to pursue God? If not, what can you do moving forward?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?