Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
God sent Gideon into battle with only 300 men, and they won without even using their swords!
This is Q5L7 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- God chose little Gideon to rescue his people from the Midianites. Judges 6:14
- Gideon was so nervous that he asked God to prove he was the right guy. Judges 6:17
- God made sure Gideon’s army only had 300 men. Judges 7:7
- Gideon’s army won without even using their swords! Judges 7:22
- If God is on your side you can win any battle.
Judges 7:20 A sword for the Lord and for Gideon!
See Also: Trials, Gideon
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time you had to do something hard or scary.
- Who was Gideon and why was he confused that God had chosen him?
- What did God do to Gideon’s army? What happened in the battle with the Midianites?
- Read John 16:33. Why will we have troubles in this life? Why don’t we need to be afraid?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.