Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
It's easy to be afraid of things, but God helps us to have courage!
- There’s no need for fear if the Lord is your light. Psalm 27:1
- God invites us to talk to him whenever we’re afraid. Psalm 27:8
- The key to courage is waiting for God to show up. Psalm 27:14
Psalm 27:14 Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What do you fear more? (choose one from each set): spiders vs. snakes? Heights vs. tight spaces? Alone in the dark vs. talking in front of people?
- What is courage? What should we do when we’re afraid?
- Why do you think courage takes patience? Give an example from your life when you prayed for God to help you when you were afraid.
- Read Romans 8:38-39. Identify all that this passage says can’t separate us from God’s love. How does understanding God’s love give you confidence over the things you fear?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Kids’ Wisdom series.