VIDEO COMING SOON!
Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
It's easy to be afraid of things, but God helps us to have courage!
This is Q5L8 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- There’s no need for fear if the Lord is your light. Psalm 27:1
- God invites us to talk to him whenever we’re afraid. Psalm 27:8
- The key to courage is waiting for God to show up. Psalm 27:14
Psalm 27:14 Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous
See Also: Fear, Courage
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What do you fear more? (choose one from each set): spiders vs. snakes? Heights vs. tight spaces? Alone in the dark vs. talking in front of people?
- What is courage? What should we do when we’re afraid?
- Why do you think courage takes patience? Give an example from your life when you prayed for God to help you when you were afraid.
- Read Romans 8:38-39. Identify all that this passage says can’t separate us from God’s love. How does understanding God’s love give you confidence over the things you fear?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Kids’ Wisdom series.