God created our emotions because he doesn't want us to be robots!
- Feelings are good because God invented them!
- Even the “bad” feelings can still be good for us. Anger can encourage us to stand up against wrongdoings. Fear can help us to avoid dangerous situations.
- Feelings can hurt us if we’re not careful. We have to keep them in check. Try the STOPLIGHT method: make sure to always STOP, THINK, then ACT.
Proverbs 29:11 Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What makes you really happy? How do you act when you’re happy? What makes you angry? How do you typically act when you’re angry?
- Why do you think God gave us feelings?
- How can feelings hurt you or someone else?
- Think about the Stoplight 1-2-3. How can each of those steps help you the next time you have strong feelings toward someone or something?
- Read Psalm 141:3-4. How can God help us to control what we say? What things do we need to avoid?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?