Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Poison is stuff in your house that can really hurt you if you eat it or drink it. Did you know the Bible says you should stay away from people who are poisonous?
- The Bible warns about bad friends.
- Be careful about 3 kinds of bad friends:
- Negative friends.
- Controlling friends.
- Tempting friends.
- Learn to say “no” to bad friendships.
Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
See Also: Friendship
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe a good friend. Describe a bad friend. What can happen if you only have bad friends?
- Give some examples of a negative friend. Why is that kind of friend harmful to you?
- Do you have friends that always have to be the “boss”? Why is that kind of friend harmful to you?
- Do you have friends that tempt you to do things you know you shouldn’t do? Why is that kind of friend harmful to you?
- Why do you need to choose your friends wisely?
- Read Proverbs 27:17. What does it mean to sharpen someone? How can you sharpen your friends?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Toxic series.