- Walking around being negative all the time isn’t good. It makes you sad, and it makes people around you sad.
- Fear is poison because it makes us doubt God. Just remember: God is always in control, no matter what.
- Do you ever get so angry that you want to hit somebody or hate somebody? That’s poison!
- Want to know what the Bible says to do with negative, fearful, or angry thoughts? Fight them! 2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)
Philippians 4:8 Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
- Words can bring life or death.
- Use your words to help others every chance you get.
- God can help you with your words.
Proverbs 18:21 The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
- The Bible warns about bad friends.
- Be careful about 3 kinds of bad friends:
- Negative friends.
- Controlling friends.
- Tempting friends.
- Learn to say “no” to bad friendships.
Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.