This is one of our Faith topics.
Instructions: Watch the video above and then talk about it with your family! Learn more
What is water baptism all about, and why do we do it at church? It seems a little weird to a kid.
- Getting baptized doesn’t save us from our sins.
- We should get baptized because Jesus told us to!
- Baptism is a symbol for something that happens inside us.
From the Bible:
Romans 6:4 For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.
Talk About It
- What was your favorite part of the video? What is one thing you learned?
- Have you ever seen someone get baptized? What was it like?
- What does baptism symbolize?
- Who told us we should get baptized?
- Read Colossians 2:12. What does going into the water mean? What does it mean when we come out of the water?
- Kids: Have you asked Jesus into your heart? If so, when? If not, do you want to do it now?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?