Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Moses ended up with a job bigger than himself, and that's why he needed some help from his father-in-law.
This is Q4L7 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- Moses was going to wear himself out leading the Israelites alone. Exodus 18:13
- Jethro gave Moses some really practical advice about leadership. Exodus 18:17-23
- God loves it when everyone pitches in and helps out.
Ecclesiastes 4:19 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.
See Also: Leadership, Relationships
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- If you were President for a day, what would you do and who would you help?
- Why was Moses so tired? Who gave Moses some good advice?
- What was Jethro’s advice to Moses? Who helps you to be the best kid you can be?
- Read Hebrews 13:1-3. What all does this passage say people should do for others? How can you be more helpful to the people in your life?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.