Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Jesus had a cousin who was pretty famous. But that cousin was all about making Jesus famous.
This is Q1L10 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- John baptized a lot of people. Matthew 3:1-2
- John’s job was to prepare the way for Jesus to come. Matthew 3:3
- John wore strange clothes and ate funny food. Matthew 3:4
- John was pretty great, but he wanted to make Jesus greater. John 3:30
John 3:30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.
See Also: Baptism, Jesus
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe your family. (siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins) How often do you get to see them?
- Who was John’s cousin?
- What did John do for people who trusted in Jesus?
- Read Romans 12:1. What does it mean to be holy and pleasing to the Lord? What are some things you can do that honor God?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.