Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Jesus went to the river to get baptized by John. And he did something that every Christian kid should do.
This is Q1L11 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- John didn’t want to baptize Jesus, because he didn’t feel worthy. Matthew 3:13-14
- Jesus wanted to get baptized to be a good example to us. Matthew 3:15
- When Jesus was baptized, God the Father was really happy. Matthew 3:17
- Baptism is a very important symbol that helps us remember what Jesus did for us. Romans 6:4
Romans 6:4 And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.
See Also: Baptism, Jesus
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Have you ever watched someone get baptized? Where were you and what did you notice?
- What did Jesus want John to do?
- What does baptism symbolize?
- Read Colossians 2:13-14. What does it mean to be dead in our sins? What did Jesus do with our sin?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.