Josiah was a king in the Old Testament, starting at age 8! And he listened to God from the very beginning.
- Josiah was only eight years old when he became king. 2 Kings 22:1-2
- Idols are things that are not God. 2 Kings 23:2-3
- Josiah read God’s Word and obeyed it.
- The Bible has God’s words written on it so you can read it, obey it, and share it! 2 Timothy 3:16
Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
Talk About It
- Are you an “expert” at something your parents know nothing about? (science, TV show, legos, a sport) Have you tried to teach them? How did it go?
- Kids: How old was Josiah when he became king? What rules would you make if you became president?
- Parents: Have you had bad teachers or bosses in your life? How did you handle that?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16. Kids: Why is the Bible so important to people who love God? How does it help us?
- Parents: How has reading the Bible helped you in your life?
- Parents and Kids: What’s the difference between hearing versus obeying God’s word? What does it take to be obedient?