When we put our trust in Jesus, we are set free from our past mistakes and able to live a life that honors God.
- Jesus will help your kids to say “no” to sin and “yes” to obeying God. They can choose to obey you and make the right choices with friends because Jesus lives in their hearts and is helping them. They aren’t victims and they aren’t powerless. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Remind your kids that when they mess up and make a mistake, God can help them back on the right track.
- Not only does the Holy Spirit give your kids strength, he also wants to grow the fruits of the Spirit in their lives. They can be loving, kind, and self-controlled because that’s what the Spirit is growing in them. Galatians 5:22-23
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Read Ezekiel 36:27. Share how God has helped you to turn from your old ways.
- What are some of the personality/behavioral issues in your kids that you know need some attention? How have you tried to deal with those issues up to now?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17. How can you use this verse as a teaching tool for those specific issues?
- Read Galatians 5:22-23. Of the nine fruits, choose a few that each child needs more of in their lives. How will you encourage them to rely on God to grow those fruits in their lives?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?