From the book of Psalms we can teach our kids that they are special creations of the God of the universe.
- This verse speaks to the fact that our ultimate identity is in Christ. We need to help our kids understand that they are unique individuals created by God for a specific purpose. Psalm 139:16
- As parents, our job is to pray for God to show us his plan for them and then direct our kids down the right path. Instead of feeling the pressure to make things happen for our kids, we can trust that God will open up the opportunities our kids need to fulfill his plan for them. Proverbs 22:6
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What are some of the identity issues facing your kids right now? Why do you think they are facing these issues? How have you tried to encourage them?
- What are some of the cultural pressures your kids feel right now? How have you responded to those up to now?
- Read Psalm 139:16. What does this say about God’s care as a creator? How does this verse affect your view of parenting? How else can you apply this verse in the lives of your kids?
- Read Proverbs 22:6. What are some practical things you can do to direct your kids towards God?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?