Parents, make sure you're transferring your values to your kids.
- Christian parents should do everything they can to transfer their values to their kids. They should be talking about truth and values in the home. Deuteronomy 6:6-7
- Christian parents can’t force their kids to pursue God but they can help by guiding them along the right path. Proverbs 14:11-12
- Christian parents need to give their children chances to believe in Jesus by talking about Him regularly in the home!
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What kinds of values (good or bad) did your parents instill in you? How did they do it?
- Make a list of the values you’d like to pass on to your kids. Give yourself a grade on how you’re doing so far.
- Read Deuteronomy 6:6-7. List the action verbs in this passage. Do you think this command still applies to parents today? Explain.
- What barriers exist in your life that keep you from passing on your biblical values to your children?
- Read Proverbs 14:11-12. What are the paths that “seem right” to people today? Make a list. How will you encourage your kids to avoid chasing after the things of this world?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?