Make God a priority in your home by talking about Him and his Word weekly as a family!
- We value what we schedule. Pay attention to where you put your time as a family because it will tell you what your main priorities are in life.
- If you want to transfer biblical values to your kids you need to schedule focused time to talk about God and his Word with your kids. Deuteronomy 6:6-9
- The goal is to create a conversational culture where your kids feel comfortable to express their own thoughts and feelings while learning a biblical truth.
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Do you agree that parents are pastors at home? Why or why not? Give yourself a grade on your “pastoring” at home.
- Make a list of the top 5 things you schedule and do regularly as a family. Make a list of the top 5 things your kids do regularly. What do these lists say about your priorities?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:5. What do you think it looks like to love God with all of your heart? How can you express that to your kids?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:6-9. Identify all that this passage says about what parents should be doing with their kids?
- What time would work for your family to schedule a weekly family devotional time? Which topics would be most interesting to you or your kids?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?