Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
This psalm is a song the Isrealites would sing as they made a long journey to Jerusalem to worship God. The journey was never easy and could be very dangerous. But, the Isrealites trusted that God would get them safely to their destination.
- Even when it’s hard, trust in God.
- God is stronger than any problem.
- God promises to protect us.
Psalm 121:7 The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? (hike, race, sport, battled an illness, yard work, chores) What made it hard? Were you able to finish the challenge?
- Why is it better to trust in God than ourselves?
- How do you normally respond in hard situations? How should you respond?
- Why is it good to know that God is stronger than any problem we could ever encounter?
- How does it make you feel to know that God will always protect you?
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6. Why shouldn’t we trust our own way of thinking? What does it look like to seek God’s will and not our own?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Book of Psalms series.