Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Responsibility is all about taking care of your own stuff.
This is Q4L8 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- When you were a baby, you weren’t responsible for anything!
- When you got just a little bit older, things started changing for you.
- Now that you’re in school, you have a lot more responsibility!
- Part of what it means to grow up is to take responsibility for what you do.
Galatians 6:5 For we are each responsible for our own conduct.
See Also: Obedience, Honoring God
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What can babies do for themselves? What about toddlers? What can you do for yourself?
- Why can’t babies take care of themselves? Why do toddlers need to learn some rules as they begin to move around?
- What are some of your responsibilities at school? Do your teachers expect more from you as you go up a grade from year to year? Explain.
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:11. What are some examples of behaviors you did as a baby or a toddler that you wouldn’t do today? What are some behaviors you do today that you won’t do when you become an adult? Why?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Kids’ Wisdom series.