Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
The Golden Rule is to treat others how you want to be treated.
- There are a lot of rules in the Old Testament.
- The Ten Commandments were the most famous old rules. Exodus 20:1-17
- Jesus boiled the rules down to two simple things. Matthew 22:37-40
- The Golden Rule is to treat others how you want to be treated. Matthew 7:12
Matthew 7:12 Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Who is your best friend? What makes them a good friend?
- What were the most famous rules called in the Bible? Can you remember one of the 10 commandments?
- What is the Golden Rule? How does that rule help you to be a good friend?
- Read Proverbs 22:24-25. Why does it matter the kind of friends you choose? How can an angry friend put you in danger?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.