Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Your words are like a window to your heart.
- The religious leaders complained that the disciples didn’t wash their hands. Matthew 15:1-2
- The religious leaders cared about what you looked like on the outside.
- Jesus cares about what you look like on the inside.
- Your words are like the window to your heart.
Matthew 15:18 (CEV) The words that come out of your mouth come from your heart.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a kind thing someone said to you. Share a mean thing someone has said to you. How did both of those make you feel?
- Why were the religious leaders mad at the disciples? What were some other silly rules the religious types had?
- What does Jesus care more about? What do the words we speak say about us?
- Read James 3:9-10. What two things can we do with our words? Why is it important to choose our words wisely?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.