How do you know when it's the right time to get your kid a phone? Consider these things before you move forward.
- Parents should have discussions on a regular basis with their children about technology. Talk about not only the benefits of technology, but also share about the dangers.
- Find the balance between protection and trust. Parents have a responsibility to protect their children. But it’s also important to teach kids how to monitor their own behavior preparing them for adulthood.
- The only way for a parent to train a child effectively is to give the child opportunity to put their Christian values into practice, especially when they face cultural values and peer pressure from the world. Proverbs 22:6
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- What safeguards/rules have you put in place for your kids’ use of technology thus far? How did you decide upon those rules? How effective have those rules been?
- What are some rules you’ve heard other families have put in place that seems prudent? How have/can you incorporate those into your family?
- Read Proverbs 22:3. What are some of the real dangers facing our kids on their tech devices? How will you talk to your kids about those dangers?
- Read Proverbs 22:6 What are some of the important values you want to teach your kids? How does technology promote or work against those values?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?