Instructions: Watch the video above and then talk about it with your family! Learn more
Following God is like playing Simon Says
When God says something, you should do it. The point of the game is that the leader says what to do and you follow it. If you don’t, you lose. It works this way in the game of life, too. For example, next time your parents tell you to do something, pretend like you’re playing Simon Says.
Here are the rules to the game:
Kids should obey right away
Just like in the game, when Simon says what to do, you have to do it right away. This is how obedience works, too. Don’t hesitate or make excuses. Just choose to obey. Otherwise, you lose the game.
Kids should obey all the way
In the game, you have to do exactly what Simon says or you’re out. It works the same way with God. Don’t do it half way. Do exactly what he asks. No shortcuts!
- Set Up: Watch the video together as a group or family.
- What’s your favorite board or card game to play and why? What happens when you don’t follow the rules of the game?
- How is following God like playing Simon Says?
- Why is obeying right away important? What can happen if we don’t?
- Why is obeying all the way different than obeying only part of the way?
- Read 1 Peter 1:14-15. What are the “old” ways we can fall back into? What does it mean to be holy as God is holy?
- Takeaway: Write a personal action step based on this conversation.