Learn about a practical way to teach your children about sacrificial giving.
- Acts 20:35 says that it’s better to give than to receive. Many adults don’t even understand this concept but it’s an important one to teach early.
- While we complain about the meals we don’t like others around the world are eating things like “dirt bisquits” to fill their stomachs.
- Teach your kids to be givers by sacrificing some of your comforts to help others in need. Deuteronomy 15:7-8
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Read Acts 20:35. Share your thoughts on this verse. Share how this has been true in your own life, that it was more fun to give a gift than to receive one.
- What are three things your family could sacrifice to save money for a donation? Have your family vote on one idea and then make a plan together.
- With the money your family saves, where would you like to see it go? Is there a specific charity you would like to donate toward or church activity you’d like to help fund?
- Read Deuteronomy 15:7-8. How are you modeling generosity for your children in your daily activities? What adjustments could you make to emphasize the importance of giving and sacrificing?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?