Go into parenting with a new mindset, and use our tools to help your kids discover God's truth.
- The pursueGOD resources are based on a few key principles:
- The Discovery principle: instead of lecturing your kids, have a conversation where they have the opportunity to express their own thoughts and feelings regarding the topic.
- The Ownership principle: As your kids discover the truth, they will internalize those truths and apply them into their own lives.
- The Empowerment principle: Model for your kids how to help someone else in their pursuit of God so they can do it for somebody else some day. Ephesians 4:14-15
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Would you say you have a “conversational culture” in your home? Why or why not?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:4-9. What does this passage say parents are supposed to do? How does this challenge you as a parent?
- Explain the “discovery principle” in your own words. Why is lecturing limited in its effectiveness? Why is it important to hear your child’s perspective?
- Explain the “ownership principle” in your own words. What do you want your kids to take more ownership of in their lives and how will you help them to do that?
- Read Ephesians 4:14-15 Explain the “empowerment principle” in your own words. How can teaching your kids how to help others help to grow and mature their faith?
- What are some topics of discussion you think would be important to have with your kids right now? Why?
- What steps do you need to take to start positively changing the dynamic of your home and family?
- HOMEWORK: Do the topic, Three Things About Thankfulness from pgkids.org with your kids this week and share how it went with your small group or mentor.
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?