Learn what stage you’re in and why it matters to your parenting.
- Stage #1 (Ages 5-11). In this stage, parents are the primary mentors in your kid’s life using the topics on our websites and mentoring at home.
- Stage #2 (Ages 12-14). In this stage, it’ll be important to help your kid find a mentor for themselves. As junior-highers, your kids are starting exercise more independence (at least they think they are!) and they may wish to connect with someone who is older than them yet closer in age.
- Stage #3 (15-18). In this stage, your kids are ready to become mentors to younger kids (stage two).
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Explain stage one of FLEX parenting. What’s the goal?
- Describe what FLEX parenting looks like in stage one for your family.
- Explain stage two of FLEX parenting. What’s the goal?
- Describe what FLEX parenting looks like or might look like in stage two for your family.
- Explain stage three of FLEX parenting. What’s the goal?
- Read Ephesians 4:14. How can FLEX parenting help guard your kids against the many contradictory teachings and beliefs the world throws at them?
- Describe what FLEX parenting looks like or might look like in stage three for your family.
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?