Be the kind of family that is willing to risk it all for Jesus.
- Our pursuit of God should always be first. As parents, we can’t check our faith at the door until the kids are grown and out of the house. We need to model for our kids that a pursuit of God takes all of us, not part of us. Matthew 16:24-25
- Following Jesus comes at a cost. It might mean enduring unpleasant things or dealing with difficult people. But, Jesus endured a lot when he carried THE cross for us. Shouldn’t we be willing to sacrifice for him?
- If our kids think God is distant and faith is dead, then they will not pursue God with their whole heart. So, let’s step out and step up. Let’s push ourselves into the uncomfortable things and watch what God can do.
- Initial reactions to this topic? What jumped out at you?
- Share a story of a person or family you know who took a huge risk in their life. Why were they willing to take the risk and what happened due to that choice?
- Why do you think people who take risks experience God differently than those who don’t?
- Read Joshua 1:9. Have you ever felt called to do something but held back? Explain. How does this verse challenge you?
- What are your biggest fears for your kids? What are you doing to protect them from those things? How can you know if you’re overprotecting?
- Read Matthew 16:24-25. What do you think Jesus is saying in these verses? How does this challenge you in your pursuit of God?
- What are some practical things you can do as a family to take some risks for God?
- Is there a step you need to take based on today’s topic?