Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
God gave Joshua some pretty crazy instructions, but when he followed them something incredible happened!
This is Q5L4 in our Explorers curriculum. Download the family guide here: Download Family Guide (pdf)
- God told Joshua to take the city of Jericho. Joshua 6:2
- God gave Joshua a crazy battle plan. Joshua 6:3-5
- Joshua did what God said and the wall of Jericho came down. Joshua 6:20
- We only win battles when we trust God’s plan.
2 Chronicles 20:15 Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
See Also: Obedience, Trust, Rahab and the Spies
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- If you were Joshua leading an army into battle, what instructions would you give the soldiers to ensure a successful mission?
- What was the name of the town the Israelites needed to conquer?
- What did God tell Joshua and his men to do? How many times were they supposed to march around the city?
- Read John 14:27. These are Jesus’ words to us. What do you think peace of mind and heart means? Why don’t we need to be afraid?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.