Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
We shouldn’t do great things to be famous; we should do them to make God famous. That’s the lesson of the tower of Babel.
- A long time ago, everyone on earth spoke the same language. Genesis 11:1
- The people built a tower because they wanted to become famous. Genesis 11:4
- God turned the people into a bunch of babblers to teach them a lesson. Genesis 11:7
- We shouldn’t do great things to become famous; we should do them to make God famous. John 3:30
John 3:30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Have you ever tried to communicate with someone who speaks a different language than you? How did it go? What did they sound like to you?
- Why did the people want to build a tower?
- What did God do to confuse them?
- Read Isaiah 40:28. List all the things this verse says about God. Why is he worthy of our worship and praise?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Bible Storyline series.