Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
When Moses came down the mountain with the Ten Commandments, he made a special drink to teach the people a lesson for dishonoring God.
- Moses smashed the tablets when he came down the mountain.
- Moses also smashed the cow and made them drink it.
- When you pretend a good thing is God, that’s gross.
Romans 1:25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself
See Also: Anger, Idols
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What’s the grossest thing you’ve ever tried? Why was it so gross?
- Why was Moses so angry with the people?
- Why did Moses destroy the cow?
- What are other examples of things people choose to worship instead of God?
- Read Isaiah 40:28-29. What does this passage say about God? What does God give us?
- Read Isaiah 25:1. What are some things you praise God for in your life?
- Read 1 Samuel 2:2. What are some qualities that God has that we don’t? How can you show God your appreciation for his greatness?
- Read Psalm 73:25. Who should be more important than anything we have?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Moses and Mt. Sinai series.