Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more.
The story of Paul can teach us some important things about the outrageous power of God’s forgiveness.
- Paul thought he was all that. Paul was smart, good at his job, and had a lot of money. He thought he had everything he could ever need.
- Paul met Jesus face-to-face. Jesus showed him how powerful he was and made Paul realize that what he had been doing was wrong and sinful.
- We can forgive ourselves when we do something wrong. Paul knew that even though he sinned, Jesus had forgiven him. Paul needed to forget that past and look to his future with Jesus.
Philippians 3:13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead…
See Also: Forgiveness, Pride
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Describe the most outrageous or cool thing you’ve ever seen. (Ex, the ocean, a big waterfall, or a cool stunt)
- What was Paul’s opinion of himself before he met Jesus?
- What happened to Paul after he met Jesus?
- What does it look like to accept God’s forgiveness in our lives?
- Read 1 John 1:9. What does it mean to confess our sins? What does Jesus promise to do when we admit our sins?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?