Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
In this parable Jesus teaches us a really important lesson about fairness.
- Some workers got there early and worked all day long. Matthew 20:1-2
- Some workers got there late and worked just a few hours. Matthew 20:3-7
- When they got paid at the end of the day, they all got a full day’s wage. Matthew 20:8-14
- God’s kingdom isn’t always fair, and that’s a good thing!
Ephesians 2:8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- Share a time someone else got something you thought you deserved. How did you feel about that?
- What did the landowner promise everyone he hired?
- Why did some workers get mad at the end of the day?
- Read Romans 3:23-24. Who has sinned? How did God make us right in his eyes?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Life of Jesus series.