Watch the video above and talk about it with your family. Learn more
Did you ever think of the first Christmas like a party? It was baby Jesus’ first birth day.
- The star was God’s invitation for the wise men.
- The wise men probably didn’t even believe in God yet.
- Jesus invites everyone to follow Him.
- Christmas is about Jesus inviting everyone to be saved.
Matthew 2:11 …they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
See Also: Christmas
Talk About It
- What’s your favorite part of the video? What’s one thing you learned from it?
- What special events do you invite people to in your life? Who do you invite? How do you typically do it?
- How would you feel if you were invited to Jesus’ birthday? Why do you think the wise men were willing to make that long journey to meet Jesus?
- Read John 8:12. What happens when we walk around in the dark? How does light help us? How is Jesus our light?
- In your own words, what is Christmas really about?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Follow The Star series.